You are either someone who is usually prepared in life or you are a procrastinator. Perhaps you have already filed your taxes and spent your return on an amazing pair of shoes or a snappy new tie.
However, if you own a business or property, had a move or maybe a divorce, or bought or sold a house, you may wait until the very last minute to file your taxes. In either case, my friend, you need a drink to celebrate or cope with the pain.
Well, I have the perfect cocktail for you called The Income Tax Cocktail. True story.
The Income Tax Cocktail is actually the Bronx Cocktail (not to be confused with the Brooklyn Cocktail; we take our burroughs very seriously), with a couple dashes of bitters added.
As we have discussed previously, I like to alter every recipe I come across. So, here is my version of this quick and easy little ditty that is sure to please a crowd, or keep one from jumping out a window when the tax bill arrives.
- 1 1/2 jiggers of Organic Prairie Gin
- 1 teaspoon Dry Vermouth
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Vermouth (I know, crazy right? Trust me…)
- 1 jigger of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 jigger of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into a vintage cocktail glass
- Many recipes suggest to garnish with an orange wheel. When using my vintage goblets, I prefer rind corkscrews or no garnish at all as they over- take the delicate glass, so I would suggest to garnish based on your glass of choice.
And voila, there you have it, a refreshing simple-to-make but complex-to-taste vintage cocktail! So, please drink one per day until April 15th. Doctor’s orders!